Archive for the ‘Roundup’ tag
- What do you do to make lunch at work healthy, quick, and easy?
- What’s the best weapon to protect yourself with during a home invasion besides a real firearm that requires a permit?
- Any indoor painting tips & tricks from those who do it often/have done it recently?
- Has anyone run into any quirks with Google 2 step authentication on an iDevice?
- Does anyone know if the Surface will be available through third-party sellers or only through Microsoft?
- What browsers are you using with OS X Mountain Lion?
- My iPhone 4 has a spiderweb crack cover one-quarter of the back. How much will this affect what I can sell it for when I upgrade in October?
- Anybody have any experience stripping DRM off of content purchased from iTunes on a Mac?
- When I download a new app on both my iPhone 4s and New iPad the app goes to the next page even though I have plenty of spaces left. How can I fix this?
- Does anyone have a good browser extension for Firefox or Chrome to make them look simpler without huge adds and colorful text?
Happy Friday, folks! The weekend is just around the corner and, a usual, we’re celebrating with a roundup of some of the funniest videos from the past week. This week’s Friday Morning Laughs includes a hilarious animated short about rude texters, Will Ferrell’s take on the Twilight couple’s breakup, some amazing dog tricks, Batman and (yes, again) a Call Me Maybe parody. So grab your cup o’ joe, sit back and get ready to laugh.
New Career Opportunities Daily: The best jobs in media.
- Any good websites to recommend for DIY beginners?
- Does anyone have any suggestions as far as building a nice-looking standing desk that doesn’t cost more then $100?
- LH community, what do you prefer to use to send and receive faxes?
- I’m moving into an apartment where my bedroom wouldn’t be completely separated from the main living space. What can I install to give privacy that’s sturdier than a curtain yet wouldn’t piss off my landlord too much?
- Is there anything you wish you had looked at before you made a final decision on/moved in to your place?
- I’m trying to cut processed carbs from my diet and right now the only place where I’m really failing is snacking in the workplace. Any tips?
- I’m looking at adding a SSD into my extra laptop hard drive bay. How do I put the operating system on the new SSD?
- Who here has used Google Wallet? How well does it work? And what places do you guys know of that can accept payment with NFC?
- Does anyone have any advice for podcast microphones to plug into my laptop?
- I am scared to upgrade my macbook pro to an SSD—mostly because of my windows partition. Should I be?
"What gadgets/websites/apps do you all use to track your exercise or motivate you to exercise more?" [Ask The Commenters Roundup]
- What gadgets/websites/apps do you all use to track your exercise or motivate you to exercise more?
- Are there any tips out there that I can use to get through books more quickly?
- I am looking for a webapp similar to Evernote that offers notes check boxes, but that also allows for shared notes. Any ideas?
- Is if there is an aero-type theme for Chrome?
- Is there a free solution for transferring music (and other things) from iOS devices that is up-to-date?
- With Roku, it seems like we have to search every time to see if a show is ready – any ideas on how to automate that?
- Are there any apps, websites, or other resources that can help improve my golf game?
- I have Adobe Lightroom and use it for basic operations such as fixing red-eyes, but I’d like to learn more about the other options: fill light, recovery, etc. Any tips?
- I’m heading to New Zealand for a month at the beginning of September. Any tips or suggestions of places to visit, things to do, general knowledge, etc.?
- I’m a 32-year old elementary school teacher looking to switch careers; besides corporate training, what are some fields previous educators look into?
Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web. From Search Engine Land: A Gold Medal Roundup Of Online Olympics Resources The games of the XXX Olympiad begin in a few hours in London. For the next two weeks people around the globe…
Please visit Search Engine Land for the full article.
The games of the XXX Olympiad begin in a few hours in London. For the next two weeks people around the globe will be viewing the games in person, on television and on the web. There will also likely be record numbers of posts, tweets, pins, etc. from viewers, media and athletes and other…
Please visit Search Engine Land for the full article.
NOTE – To see a full visual roundup of the best and worst marketing, visit my London 2012 Olympic Marketing – Best & Worst Pinterest Board.
As the world turn its attention to the Games in London today, I’ll have to indulge my Olympic passion from afar this time around. I’ve been a lover of the Olympics since I was in college in Atlanta during the games in 1996. They were a big reason I moved to Australia in 1998 and I was in Beijing in 2008 helping manage the Lenovo Voices of the Olympic Games program where we had 100 Olympic athletes blogging their experience in a pre-Twitter world. So yes, I’m an enthusiast.
This time around, I am going to share my passion for Olympic marketing with a platform that I haven’t yet used all that much – Pinterest. As I spent the last week looking at some of the most interesting marketing efforts from around the world – I saw everything from P&G’s emotional “best job in the world” video to British Airway’s unexpected campaign to encourage Britons NOT to fly. One of the best early stories, to me, was the #savethesecret campaign launched to encourage people not to share the details about the Opening Ceremonies so people will still be surprised in watching it – a worthy challenge that I accept (and so you won’t find any spoilers in this blog post).
Throughout the Games, great marketing stories will continue to emerge … and so I plan to collect and share them through my Pinterest board - London 2012 Olympic Marketing – Best & Worst. Over the next three weeks, if you see any great marketing examples, I would love to see you share them there as well. In the meantime, let’s all get ready for the international spectacle of the Olympics … there really isn’t anything else like it.