Archive for the ‘Walkmans’ tag
Cassettes, Nintendo controllers, Game Boys, Motorola cell phones, Floppy Disks, Sony Walkmans, Boomboxes, and Rotary phones are among the cement hand-cast ‘modern fossils’ by artist Christopher Locke of Austin, Texas.
Pretty sure you could dig a few of these up in the back of my closet.
Competition for the iPod? Sony Japan announced [JP] the NW-Z1000 series today, their three newest Walkmans, which come with an array of flashy features. The new series was showcased for the first time during IFA in Berlin a few weeks ago, and now Sony priced and dated the devices for their home market.
The main difference between the three models is the internal memory: the NW-Z1050 (price: $364) comes with 16GB on board, while the NW-Z1060 offers 32GB for $429. The NW-Z1070 boasts 64GB and will be available for $563.
Here are the main specs of the Z series Walkmans:
- Android 2.3 as the OS (with access to the Google market)
- YouTube, Gmail, Google Maps and various Sony apps pre-installed (Sony Music Player, Photo Player, etc.)
- 4.3-inch LCD with 480×800 resolution
- NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core mobile CPU (1GHz)
- 512MB main memory
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
- DLNA support
- FM radio
- internal mono speaker
- microSD card, USB, HDMI slots
- battery life for music: 20 hours (video: 5 hours)
- size: 70.9×134.4×11.1mm, weight: 156g
The Z series Walkmans will hit stores in Japan on December 10.
Watch this video, shot by Diginfonews in Tokyo (in English), for more information: